So, you think I am nuts?

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

To my Baby




She is sensitive, caring and a joy to have.
Seeing her grow each day reminds me of how much I have achieved.
It is not easy but rewarding.
So far, so good.
It is a long journey; some roads are bumpy, some are windy but some are smooth.
She is a reflection of me.
People call her mini Siao Cha Bor.
She is sensitive to other people's needs and feelings.
Whenever she makes me angry, she would write me mini notes to say " Sorry mom"
and the following note would be
"I love you mummy, you think I can have ice cream?
Little notes like this douse the fire in me.

The most adorable is whenever we go out, she would "fish".
Yes, "fish" for a boyfriend for her mother.
However, her taste is LOUSY.
She likes Wang Lee Hom, F4, Noodle from Gorillaz, the 4 chaps from Il Divo.
So, can you imagine what kind of guy she chooses for me?
I think she is choosing for herself!

Today, when we were in the lift, there were 4 of us.
2 male strangers and us.
She was smiling sheepishly at me.
" I know what is in your mind", I said.
When the men stepped out of the lift, she asked,
"So, do you think he can be your boyfriend?"
We stared at each other and laughed our lungs out.
She not only is my baby but my best friend too.

Tonight is girl's night.
Dinner would be candle lit,
Homemade wanton noodle and fishball soup as main course
and ice cream for dessert.

My duty is to nurture her.
But it never occured to me that she is an inspiration, a "teacher" to me.
She teaches me computer, she tells me about Hellen Keller, Monet, SpongeBob and Teen Titans.
I, not wanting to be leftout can also tell her about Kim Possible, Lilo & Stitch and my favourite,Monster Inc.

Though we do have our ups and downs and disagreements,
We never fail to say "Sorry" to each other after a bad moment.
We always end up with a warm, big hug
which we learn in "Teletubbies"

Baby, no matter what, I shall always be here for you.

Mom

18 Comments:

  • At 12:31 AM, Blogger straymana said…

    aawwww so touchy feely.... sweet.s

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger Siao Cha Bor said…

    who manis? baby or me?

    tell

     
  • At 1:54 AM, Blogger Kiki the rambling traveller said…

    Walaio! So gamtung ah! One thing thought are you sure she means 'fish' for boyfrient or water 'fish' HOHOHO! And again, having a boyfriend also means the chemistry between both of you will have to change abit or at least the man have to be in TUNE with the two siao char bor!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger JoMel said…

    soooo shweeeet. You inspire me lah woman! :)

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Kah Wee said…

    what a wonderful feeling u have...
    so sweet...

    Cheers~

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Ah Pek said…

    dear siao char bor,

    glad you took my advise. looks like all your sakitness hilang already. cheers!

    Auntie Thelma.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger mumsgather said…

    Sob! sob! Boo Hoo Hoo. (*wipes eyes on sleeve*) BTW Siao Cha Bor hor, stop calling me mummy. You make me feel like Lao Cha Bor lah! hehe.

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger fishtail said…

    Wah, such a sweet post. *Am trying to figure out how old is Miss Siao Cha Bor*

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Cocka Doodle said…

    So what's your taste? Want me to recommend you some of my bachelor friends anot?

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger CrazyGrr| said…

    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. u 2 r so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet..

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    You are so blessed to have such a sweet little girl!

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger King's wife said…

    awww....how touching. I can learn a thing or two from you.

     
  • At 2:37 AM, Anonymous 93~93 said…

    Lovely..just like good friends
    just lovely

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Min said…

    So heartwarming to read about you and your daughter. You're very blessed. See? No need to worry about your former schoolmates leh...

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Siao Cha Bor said…

    another academy award speech....

    thank you for all your support, tears trickling*

    i would like to thank my producer again, for helping me put up the picture in this post because I am not pc savvy at all

    it takes me time to learn and i promise, one day i shall learn how to operate the digital camera and post more pictures here

    thank you again

    bow*bow* cleavage showing

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said…

    Awww..I want a daughter too.....

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/john-mayer.html#1]john mayer[/url]
    [url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/carrie-underwood.html#2]carrie underwood[/url]
    [url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/robin-thicke.html#3]robin thicke[/url]
    john mayer
    carrie underwood
    robin thicke

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/john-mayer.html#1]john mayer[/url]
    [url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/carrie-underwood.html#2]carrie underwood[/url]
    [url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/robin-thicke.html#3]robin thicke[/url]
    john mayer
    carrie underwood
    robin thicke

     

Post a Comment

<< Home