So, you think I am nuts?

Friday, March 31, 2006

Makan Day

My day started fruitfully . Remember my food crazee swings? Well, I was told that the foodcourt at Dataran Maybank is good for Malay food. I was around the area so I checked the place out. It didn't look as great as it sounded, so I would strike off the place to conquer.

My second shot was at Rebung. It is a nicely tucked away restaurant serving authentic Malay food from Rembau prepared by Chef Ismail. It was 11.00am but what the heck, I decided to do some investigating before I sacrifice my tummy and succumb to my desire.

The aroma of fresh curry filled the little place as I walked into the restaurant. I asked the waiter about the restaurant . He signaled the person in charge to attend to me. Frankly, I just wanted to find out what type of food they serve. Speaking to anyone will do but nooooooo......He, the manager, came out personally to attend to me. He must have thought I was some big fish. Could he have thought I was a Datin ah? Today, I felt "chio chio hiao hiao" so I dressed in my kurung. No la! I am only an ikan bilis ( the smallest and cheapest breed). Anyway, he was friendly and his gaze was mesmerising. I definitely have to makan there and it has got to be as quick as possible because I worry my desire for Malay food will fade.

My mini orgasm for the day was at Devi's Corner. I just had to have it. Yes....lunch was briyani with mutton masala, saffron cabbage, sambal siao cha bor and ayam goreng. The "handsome" who served me told me to visit Devi's Corner in the morning. Mmmmm... I thought, "Saya kejer pagi, you mari pagi la", he said. Aiyer....notti . Like that pun boleh ka? I looked at him and said, " nasi ini bukan saya sajer yang makan, 3 orang makan punya la." It is true, ok. I shared with 2 other person. I went home with the tarr pao, and dug in the rice with my hand. Fucking damn chuuuun. The spicyness, the hot weather and the smell of Indian spice.....wah...syok, syok, syok. I know Lilian gonna say,"last nite she felt Malayish, today Indianish pulak". My right fingers smell of masala mutton.

For dinner, I had assam pedas ikan pari ( stingray) with pineapple. Damn again.

The above post was written at about 11pm when I was called for duty. I just came back from my On-call duty . It has been an aggressive night. CHaaaam! I had to walk kaki kangkang to my room and had trouble taking the stairs. Nearly "phok kai". People don't name me Siao DBKL truck for nothing, you know.

Hari ini saya sudah dosa. Besok mesti puasa. You think I can manage my fasting till lunchtime?

11 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger Wuching said…

    makan lagi!

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Ah Pek said…

    char bor, you taking all the hot hot stuffs these 2 days, pangsai that time hot onot?

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Kiki the rambling traveller said…

    SCB, eh you eat laded then your sifat hoi fa man when you berak. Don't you must pace your eating habits. BTW, do you devoure men like u do food?

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger may said…

    lau hau suiiiii!!! aiyo, it's 1.26pm now and I haven't had lunch. and all your description of curry, mutton masala, ikan pari... ahhhhhh... *droooools*... ahhhhhh... almost orgasmic!!

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger King's wife said…

    wei, you growth spurt ah? tiba-tiba banyak craving.
    So, how is the fasting going? Break fast already?

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger JoMel said…

    I am also in a makan mood leh. why ah??? I keep thinking about food. I have no special cravings apart from steaks. I basically just feel hungry all the time. I am not pregnant I am sure. Are you?

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger sengkor said…

    dun sked pimples?

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said…

    I dunno why but when you mentioned masala and handsome, all I can think off is handsome bangladeshi. Chaaaarm lor, I crave for banglas.LOL.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Siao Cha Bor said…

    my god...you all are INFECTED!

    i live to eat...not eat to live.

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great site » »

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous George said…

    Have you tried PM's brother's nasi kandar in Perth yet? Yep, it is that time... even when the PM's brother wants to migrate or at least do business away from this place. With his connections and bumi status, do you think his food would do better in KL? Or is it because you can now do a 2 year course in Australia and be accepted for migration (Yep. Send a brief email about your son/daughter to " easymigration@iprimus.com.au" for a free assessment). Don't need to be tukang masak. Can also do hairdressing, accounting, financial planning, etc and WORK same time. Food in Sydney is alright - 200 different nationalities there. Bon apetit!, as the kwai loh say.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home