So, you think I am nuts?

Monday, February 06, 2006

Ngee ngee ngam ngam like lao cha bor

I am going to complaint tonight. I have tolerated enough. I just have to air out my frustration. On what, this time? Men? Money? Kiddo? Aaaahh.......but of course it is none other than human attitude. I can't say that I am all that civic conscious but at least I have common sense. Give you an example......fresh from the oven as I just experienced this at 4 pm at MidValley carpark.

This could happen to anyone, anywhere . It may sound like a small problem but it gets into my nerves and I wonder if I am over-reacting or do you share the same thought as me? God, I hope its the latter because I would look like an edgy, frustrated female dog on HEAT.

Ok, ok, the story begins like this. I had an appointment at 4.30pm. I arrived at MV carpark at 4.00pm. Good, I thought, at least I have another 20 minutes or so to run my errants before the appointment. Circulating the carpark, I managed to stalk the shoppers heading towards their car. The next right move would be for me to turn the signal light on so that other cars would know that I am waiting for the parking bay. Ok, here is my problem. If you knew that a car is waiting for your parking bay, would you hurry a little , drive out of the parking bay for the car waiting ? Or would you go about your business putting on lipstick, chatting on the mobile phone and who knows what fuckshit else you do in the car and couldn't care less. There I was, waiting at least 10 minutes and those college kids were choosing their seats , who to sit with who, talking and laughing at their actions when all that time they knew I was waiting for their bay. Putting on seat belts, unfastening again, got off the car, changed their seats again and bla and bla and bla. What inconsiderate citizens ! I did not have the chance to tell this to them but here it is,"Get the fuck out or I will ram your fucking car." Naaa......!

This is not my first time encountering inconsiderate arse holes like them. At least, have the courtesy to vacate the bay for the next car in waiting. Drive out of the bay, park somewhere safe and put on your damn lipstick if you have to or change your seating arrangement if you have to.

Oh, since I am at this boiling point, I would like to take this opportunity to also point at those people who do not have the courtesy to hold the door for the person behind, toddlers not spared too. Yes, I have seen , toddlers banging into the door all because the person holding the door couldn't be bothered to look behind. I am not asking him or her to be a "doorman" but it is common sense to hold the door for the person behind you. Same goes in the elevator. I have seen people entering the lift without even bothering to press the "open door" button when other people are also entering the lift. "Bang bang" the lift door closes and guess who gets sandwiched? Its either the aged, handicapped or babies sleeping in their prams. It doesn't hurt just to lift up your finger and press at the "open door" key whilst others are entering the elevator.

It really doesn't hurt at all. In fact, it feels great if you have contributed to the public. I do not consider myself civic conscious and boy do I have a lot of catching up to do. For instance, I am one of those who just need a little discipline in returning the supermarket trolley to their bay in the carpark. Most people would just leave them near their cars after unloading their stocks. Once upon a time,when those trolleys needed the RM 1 coins to "borrow" the trolley,people would still bring the trolleys back to their respective collection bays just to get back their Rm satu ringgit but now?....huh.....now? I think should be a fuckcare attitude. The funniest thing is, call me a hypocrite but I dared not break even a rule in Singapore. Why? Because I feared public punishment! I did not want to be seen in the public picking up rubbish or doing community service because of my actions. I had to live by the rule and I must say, it was tough. It was difficult in the beginning.

It is not difficult to be considerate. Try! Just try !

6 Comments:

  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger King's wife said…

    i too have encountered many fuckwits like this. No consideration at all... "The whole world can wait while I apply some lipstick, send an sms, check out my hair in the mirror, etc.."
    Irritates the hell out of me!!

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger JoMel said…

    I only realised that we are supposed to hold the door when I was studying in Scotland. People there do that ALL the time.

    I was in Singapore prior to that, and yes, believe me, its the same over there with regards to people not holding the door for the ones behind them. So as I was saying, in Singapore, the way I was brought up and the way that society had conditioned me since I was a kid, I too did not hold the swinging door for anybody, not even a toddler.

    But the living experience in the UK changed that. So, really, I really think that maybe the parents should take the blame for nurturing kids who turn to be adults who are inconsiderate.

    Fuiyoh, you would have thought I am writing a thesis or something.

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger fishtail said…

    Ditto the comment from King's Wife; I've come across a guy who spent half an eternity talking on the handphone knowing I was waiting for his bay. He was probably having one of those 'per entry' tickets.

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger straymana said…

    Har you all mean to tell me the world doesn't revolve around me alone only ar? Since when? I refuse to believe it? Not now, not tomorrow, not next week, not next year. This is blasphemy, I'll not believe it forEVAR.

    What can I do with "considerate"? Can I eat it, or can I at least use to to buy food ar? If not, then I don't see any reason I should have one. :P

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Blogger Min said…

    SCB, sounds like the college kids were doing it on purpose!

    Once, I was at 1-Utama, circled around looking for a parking space. Finally, someone walked towards their car so I waited and indicated that I was waiting for the space. Out of the blue, a car turned in against the direction of the traffic and swooped straight into the spot I was waiting for. I was hopping mad! I got out of my car to tell the driver off and I did. He nonchalantly got out of his car with two elderly folks and a 3-year-old boy. I assume the boy to be his son. I was really really angry but when I cooled down, I felt sad for the man. By showing his son such disregard for other people, he's just going to raise an arsehole like himself.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger mumsgather said…

    Well, if you were waiting to fill up my car park space at the mall, you'd have to wait a looong time coz hubby is very civic conscious. He would return the shopping trolley to its rightful place even if it was a mile away. So, between getting our tons of groceries (you'd know how much groceries ppl with small kids have), the pram, and two kiddoes into the car, you're in for a long wait even though we try our best to do it as fast as we possibly can. Sometimes I feel really paiseh thinking about how impatient the driver must be getting cos for safety reasons, I don't help hubby load the groceries into the boot, my job is to make sure the kids are safely seated and don't wander into oncoming cars. I can just imagine the driver getting very annoyed when they see me seating in the car with the kids seemingly doing nothing to speed up things!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home