So, you think I am nuts?

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Myth or Fact ?

The last and most important blood test result will be out by tomorrow afternoon. This is the most crucial test in that it tests for "chuu mou tan" which in English is called "Chinese Typhoid." Do not bother to look it up as there is no such term in the medical encyclopaedia. This also means I have to drag another day and wait till tomorrow for the result. How torturing.

The older neneks and aunties told me to rub her body with hard boiled eggs or with mixture of rice flour and egg wash. They say to rub from head to toe and after the process, break the dough into 2 pieces and under the sunlight, check for little "pins" which stick out from the dough or egg. Myth or fact, I din't care. I just followed. When you are really at wits end , you will do anything to counter the problem. So,I did as what was instructed but I could not find any of the pins jutting out. Mmm....my mind pondered but aaahh....what the heck! No harm trying .

So, I found a doctor in Jalan Ipoh, who is famous for treating "chuu mou tan." However, when we arrived there this afternoon, we found out that he wasn't in. So, I shall wait for the result tomorrow before adjourning to Doctor "Chuu Mou Tan."

The waiting period is agonising. Having to wait for another day is really torturous and mentally tiring. I hope she gets well soon. And many thanks to fellow bloggers for your comforting words. This is the time when I really need a simple comment, some hugs, some humsap jokes , some smses, some calls to give me reassurance.

We shall see what the next course of action is, by tomorrow afternoon. Hope they find out what is wrong with her so that immediate medical attention could be given to her, and a peace of mind to me.


*****************************************

Today also marks the end of life for my boxer called Scooby. He was 14 years old. He died of old age. Funny, dogs age like human in the sense that they also have grey fur. The coat around his nose, mouth, his eyelashes, his whiskers turned white a few years ago.

Scooby had been with us since puppy and a watch dog to our home ever since. I hope he finds peace . I did not have time for a memorial service for him. Hope he understands.

Haaai....what a day it had been for me.

14 Comments:

  • At 1:20 AM, Blogger Min said…

    *HUGS!!* You poor baby. I hope the chinese doc finds out what is bothering your little one. You'd better take care of yourself as well.

     
  • At 1:48 AM, Blogger JoMel said…

    I hugged you just now, but I think you need more. *HUGS* again. All will be well.

     
  • At 2:59 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    Hope your girl girl is fine. I'll pray for her okay?

    Take care!

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger mumsgather said…

    scb, the kids are better now, thanks. I try to pantang ie no ice water, fruits, etc but am not very good at it I'm afraid. Now, you take good care of yourself you hear, cos mummy got to care for herself in order to care for baby rite?

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Ah Pek said…

    dunno if it is myth or fact. but when i was small, my ma used the method you described and it works for me. but after rubbing with eggs and all, she washed me from head to toe with chicken feather dip in more than warm water.after that i was wrapped in a thick blanket and locked in the room. cannot let the wind blow you.
    you know what? i will be up and running the next day. myth of fact??

    btw.. sorry to hear 'bout your doggie. not to say i'm much of a dog lover. i prefer them in claypots.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger JoMel said…

    SCB, my MIL's approach is similar to Ah Pek's. Feather. It worked for her and my SIL too

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger CrazyGrr| said…

    hope ur baby gets well very very soon. take care. *hugz*

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger fishtail said…

    So sorry about the dog. I've lost a couple of dogs through old age, and feel pretty miserable each time. Gosh, I've heard of the feather treatment too; scares the lights out of me but fortunately I didn't qualify :)

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Bkworm said…

    Back when I was a teenager I came down with fever for more than two weeks. Went to see many doctors and even did the whole chu mou tan thingy. Nothing worked. Then I went to another doctor. He did some tests and diagnosed the problem at once. I had water in my lungs (pneumonia, I think). Gave me two jabs a day for four days and then I recovered immediately. Hope your kid will be ok soon. *Hugs*

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Kiki the rambling traveller said…

    Aiyo! Ah Siao'ah!
    I had Chuu Mou tang as a child. Had the hot water bath and rubbed with flour and eggs. Had the pins. Nothing made me better until my mother burn the taoist 'Fooo' for me to drink. Then tiba-tiba no fever. duno true or not this story or i just got better on my own. When your stressed ur vulnerable dont kena fuufit by farny farny doctors. I'm sure your girl-girl will be better in no time. Soli to hear abt Scooby well at least he didnt suffer. My dog Baby has been with us for 18 years born during Choochao Jit. he is like fat, lazy and gray. Still alive. Invincible dog!

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said…

    I dun belip all these pins and needles and Chinese sinseh wan ler. It prolly is some viral infection which takes time to clear. Becareful of UTI though. But last time hor, I oso belip all these foo foo thingie. So also pray pray la. Ching Ming coming, kids like to get sick one. So is Hungry Ghost months. Choy...Lilian, off you go to a corner. Soli hor, two persons talking in my head.

    Hope your baby get well soon and sorry for doggie.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger shermaine yee said…

    Can any 1 tell me will better feeling on chest area after rub flour v egg ?

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger shermaine yee said…

    Cause chest area very uncomfortable

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger shermaine yee said…

    Cause chest area very uncomfortable

     

Post a Comment

<< Home