So, you think I am nuts?

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Me "lebih" or you "lebih" ah?

This blog is especially for you, B.

I like to have a wide circle of friends. All friends are treated equally regardless of their gender, race, religion, profession and background. I have known B for years. When I first knew him, he was a humble man who has a great career and I can see that his paycheck was very generous to him as he "decorates"himself like a elite. Well, in simple, he is a class above the yuppies.

To me, if you excel in your career, I, as your friend, am genuinely happy for you. You are climbing the corporate ladder strongly. But as time flies, to some people, not all, money, power , social status will take control over them. And I am writing this because, I am very scared one day, if I EVER strike $$$$$$, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. Suppose I strike gold, will I turn into a second B? This question always chills me to the bone.

You see, B has been showing me his new "ornaments" whenever we have a chance to meet up. He works in Singapore for a MNC with a fat paycheck. Not contented with his present Toyota Harrier, he changed to BMW X3 . Nothing new to me. Being in the business world, a prestigious car , I say, would be pleasing to the client. Afterall, this is a materialistic world. You are being srutinised from your spectacles to your shoes.

But , B is like you and me; we all draw salaries. I am not complaining or comparing but he has really gone overboard. He brags about his

1. spectacles - all branded
2. his wacthe(s)- I took a peek and it was Lolek
3. his shirt - Guess, etc etc etc and some names I haven't heard off or maybe I am too sakai
4. his shoes - Gucci, Lacoste, etc etc etc, and how much he spends for his shoes
5. of course his car, X3
6. his accessories - silver necklace from Tiffany ( mm, men also wear accessories worr)

On and on and on . He has made it in his career and I as a friend, am happy but the bragging has to go. And I thought all these "lebih show" only exists in the women's world.

Of course, I am immuned to the "lebihs" among the female category. These people will brag about the minutest possession they have and mind you, though small, they cost a bomb. Cars, designer wear, jewelleries, shoes, lingeries, hair salons, botox parties, cosmetic surgeries, afternoon teas, grand social events and the list goes on.

Nothing against these people. But how is it that for some, wealth somehow has overshadowed them? They have become so "lebih", so snobbish as in they are a cut above the rest. But, there are some who remain humble and low key.

Don't "lebih lebih" with me. I don't take craps like this. Buoy tahan liao!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Nine3 Nine 3 said…

    Underwear must be Ck or Versace.

    Whatever in life they is alway up and down, just hope he able to take care himself

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger JoMel said…

    Two days ago when I was out with Grandpa Peter Tan, I also brag to him about my watch, Armani from Haadyai, costs RM10, Burberry handbag costs RM15, and my leng leng sandals with glittering gold costs RM20. Wahh.. Of course must brag lah, so cheap cheap, make me look like a real tai tai only. Shiok! ;)

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Siao Cha Bor said…

    i oso brag about my lolek la, sooooo damn cheap, from shenzhen somemore....

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Ah Pek said…

    aiyah.. he caught the singaporean kiasu flu lah. "mou yeok yee" one lah. only prevention is to stay far far away from him.

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Siao Cha Bor said…

    realli ah, i tink this penyakit ah, mou yeok ee, wan. rehab oso wont work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home