So, you think I am nuts?

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

De-Stress Me, Please

Baby has been sick for almost 2 weeks. It started with a simple fever and tonsils inflammation. Actually, she got the germs from me. I was sick during Chinese New Year. Doctor gave a set of antiobiotics. It did not work. Another bottle given. Eaten. No change.

Blood test taken. Results were normal. Thank God.

She rested for a few days in the house. Went back to school on Friday. Did not want her to miss out in school. Everything went well . Brought her to see an ENT consultant because the fever may be from her sinus, as told by her paediatrician. It turned out that her sinus was fine.

OK. Noting to be alarmed about as her fever was very very mild. This afternoon, I took her temperature again and it showed slight fever. Called the clinic. Her doctor asked me to bring her in for a chest x ray, urine test and a complete blood profile. Battling the heavy downpour this evening and the massive traffic jam, I managed to get to the hospital in 30 minutes.

Nothing firm has been diagnosed yet as her urine and xray results were promising. Now comes the full blood profile which by tomorrow noon, I will be able to know the results. These 2 weeks had been very physically and mentally exhausting. I wished my burden could be lightened.

I am a mother and a father. All decisions lay on me. All burden lay on me. All responsibilities lay on me. All welfare also lay on me. Needless to say, all expenses also lay on me.

Tiring!

CHeeeers !

12 Comments:

  • At 1:30 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    Hi, hope you're little girl will soon be recovered from the fever.

    I like the way you write, you're hilarious. :)

    Take care.

     
  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    Gosh, sorry for the typo. I mean i hope YOUR little girl.... >.<

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Ah Pek said…

    nver mind, when u feel really really burdened, come and share it here.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Kiki the rambling traveller said…

    Ah Siao.
    I am sure your girl be ok. It might be a simple virus. I send ur girl lots of positive vibes and wish her well! Dont for get to take care of yourself too! Drink some paosum and kuukfa.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Siao Cha Bor said…

    tq diane, oh, are you a drummer?
    can give me some pointers ah? i am a lousy drummer

    uncle ah pek, can hug hug wan ah? i sure "pok mong" wan

    ki ah, you so "sai sum" la...drooling* drooling*..don visit me when fullmoon leh, but if you have to, wear a chastity belt horr....smirk*

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger sengkor said…

    hey scb (s as in strong instead of siao), everything will be alright. just believe.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger mumsgather said…

    Oh, poor poor baby. I hope its just the weather. My two have been sick since before CNY and only just recovering now but still coughing.

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger JoMel said…

    SCB, and I have double trouble!!! I need I need the de-stressing more than you! But anyway, if it helps, tell us another humsup story and see how we can take it up from there? Meanwhile, here's a big warm *HUG* from me. Hope Baby gets well very soon.

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger 5xmom ~chanlilian.net~ said…

    Do lurk my parenting forum and hopefully you find some similar cases there. We have lots of local moms with their experiences etc so sometimes, it does help. Just lurk-lurk la, I am just suggesting, ok?

    Take care ya!

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Lin Peh said…

    Hug Hug !

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger JoMel said…

    Anyway woman, had a thought about this.

    I really think you are doing fine! Heck! We are all doing fine!

    Look at our kids, we must be doing something right! Correct or not?

    I would say, you just trust your own instinct when it comes to your life and bringing up your baby (oh, this advise is for targetted at myself as well).

    Ps. No one can tell you what's wrong and right. Get what I mean? *wink*

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Siao Cha Bor said…

    aaww, sengkorr, hug hug, pok mong, pok mong

    mummygather, hope your kids get well soon , and i was just wondering, do you pantang during cough? like kenot drink ice water, no fruits, no sweets

    jomel, no inspiration yet la

    lilian ah, how to go to your parenting forum ah? mind tellin me the site?

    linpeh, huug hug squeeze squeeze

     

Post a Comment

<< Home