So, you think I am nuts?

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Death

As I was reading the newspaper a while ago, I came across the article on Dr. Liew Boon Horng who died in a freak accident. No need for me to tell the story as it is all over the papers.

3 person in the car. Somehow, the mould which fell onto the car, crushed and killed him instantly. Eeerie or not, it was meant to be for him. Had the seating arrangement been different, the person who died would be his wife. When your time is up, I guess you really have to go. Not even a split second chance of bargaining for your life .

From the way I see it, a woman who has everything, her life crumbles that very day her husband died. I can't help but to feel very sorry for her. Her world just crumbles at her very eyes. One minute you have everything, the next, all taken from you. Unfair but life is like that. Dying instantly , I guess, would be less painful than mourning a death. To face the truth is the most painful. To be in the most painful state would be when your soul is the weakest and this is when the devil starts playing tricks on you.

Death in people around my age disturbs me. At least, the late Dr. Liew had a promising career at this tender age. It brings me to wonder, "I am also 35 but what have I achieved ?" After reading his death, I could not help but to write the post before this. I really did not want to write about my 2006 but I need to remind myself to look forward and try achieve my goals.

I hope Dr.Liew's wife will be strong .

7 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger fishtail said…

    Today's papers say she woke up in hospital and asked about her husband. How sad, she doesn't know yet. Somebody has to give her the bad news later. What a way to begin the new year. What a way to end the old one.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Siao Cha Bor said…

    my "hati tak shiok" after reading about this unfortunate event

    i hope she remains strong

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger JoMel said…

    When you are thrown into that situation, you will have to face it, no matter what, because there is NO OTHER WAY.

    I am sure she will cope. She has to you see.

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Nine3 Nine 3 said…

    i now days take each day as my last day..i try not to take life for granted..too many sad stories happen in my life.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

     
  • At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what is "remains strong", i do not understand it till today .... am just "living" the life .... i think ....? probably ...? not sure ...?

    am i facing it??? probably i am .. ? not sure ...? i think i m ...?

    am i anonymous?

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what is "remains strong", i do not understand it till today .... am just "living" the life .... i think ....? probably ...? not sure ...?

    am i facing it??? probably i am .. ? not sure ...? i think i m ...?

    am i anonymous?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home