So, you think I am nuts?

Monday, December 26, 2005

Inner Beauty

I don't know why suddenly I thought of my friend, my HK friend who is now married for 5 years or so. I hardly think of him and his wife but recently this special couple has been in my mind.

Why do I call them a special couple? There are many many special couples but why them?

Clayton has been my friend for almost 15 years. He is a wonderful, sweet, fun, drinker cum heavy smoker, foul mouth yet a gentleman kind of person. Not forgetting he is a well educated, a responsible father and husband, a filial son but still a joker since the first day I met him. I hardly knew his wife till I met her last year in HK.

I always wondered why she is the chosen one. Please do not get me wrong, I had and have no crushes on him. He has been a real friend. Yes, I wonder and wonder.

I have got the answer now.

I did not have the chance to get to really know her. If I were to describe her from her actions, she is a heavy drinker cum smoker, completes every sentence with a "TIU", a joker and I am sure a warm person at heart.

She has captured Clayton because she is SHE. She has given her most true self and I am sure this natural being of her has captured him. I know there are certain topics husbands do not discuss with wives and vice versa. Why don't they open up and share their thoughts with their loved ones? If they cannot bring themselves discussing, then why marry a person if you couldn't be honest and share completely? I would think that it would be a first step in their communication breakdown.

So much of pretending, so much of games being played during courtship , relationship or marriage and at the end of the day, we do not know which is the truth and which is not.

I guess Clayton loves her for being HER, the real her.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger JoMel said…

    Woman, I like this entry of yours.

    I wonder if I would meet a man who will love me for my inner beauty for I know I have lots of it. Sigh!

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger straymana said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger straymana said…

    Mmm... Deep thought. I do agree with you.

    Unfortunately not everyone who have got themselves into a relationship or/and marriage has the same reason and rational as what you have at the back of your mind while you were writing this post and it's reasoning.

    I feel sorry for those that in that predicament, be it self inflicted or otherwise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home