So, you think I am nuts?

Monday, November 28, 2005

Boycott TGIF

Yesterday was a big day for my child. She turned 7. We had a family gathering at TGIF, The Curve outlet. I made reservation days before and told them I would be celebrating her birthday there. I have dined at TGIF before and I know that should someone celebrate his birthday , TGIF would have their staffs sing and celebrate for the birthday boy or girl. That was why I chose this restaurant.

Upon entering the restaurant, I reminded them again that we were celebrating my child's birthday. Just wanted to make her happy and she sort of knew we had something planned for her there. We had our lunch and waited for the surprise from TGIF. I signalled the waiter that we were ready.

Much to our disappointment, we were slapped with a piece of chocolate cake with a candle for the birthday girl but no singing from the crew; no surprise at all for her. Out came the cake for her, without cutleries as well.

(Excuse me for my vulgarity now, I need to get this out of my system because I spent so much dining in TGIF and this is what shit I got from them).

Came the cake and the waiter told me "Sorry but we couldn't sing for you because we were short of staff." What the fuck was that all about? It was 2.30pm, and there were not many diners to attend to. I see the waiters around, chefs around and the host and hostesses around. What do you mean by shortage of staff? I have seen, during peak periods, when an outlet is really out of staff, the manager himself or herself comes to help. Where the heck is the manager? If the outlet is really out of staff, I think the manager should contribute to the operation.

I was truly , truly disappointed. The fact that I reminded them 3 times that we were celebrating a birthday there, and the fact that my child knew and were expecting the surprise and the fact that it was soo upsetting for the birthday girl, I only have one thing to say about TGIF, and that is, if you face a shortage of staff, do not do the birthday sing-along surprises anymore. It gives wrong impression and false hope. And the fact that we were slapped with the cake and a "sorry" is only going to tarnish your image .

Fine. No cutleries. I walked to the front and told the person in charge I do not use my hands to eat cakes. He came over, have a peek at our table and just ordered the waiter to get us some forks. All I can say is that the outlet is poorly managed.

Do not give false hope. Should see my child's face of disappointment. So, people, do not be fooled with the TGIF celebrating your birthday with you thingy. Read the fine lines , " Birthday song not included during off peak and during shortage of staffs."

There.... I an still very upset and all I can say is celebrate at your own risk at TGIF.

Please excuse me for my foul mouth but I just gotta say this to start my Monday right,

TGIF, YOU SUCK BIG TIME. SURE YOU HAVE EARNED MY MONEY BUT DOES IT MAKE YOU HAPPY TO SEE A CHILD SAD?

FART OFF AND LEARN THE ART OF OPERATING AND MANAGING A RESTAURANT. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS DINING AT YOUR RESTAURANT..HE OR SHE COULD BE A FOOD COMMENTATOR.

YOU ARE A REAL DISAPPOINTMENT.

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home