So, you think I am nuts?

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Orange Peel

While waiting for the sake ( Japanses rice wine) to travel into my bloodstream and take effect, I shall write about sell - u - lites......duh.........it is cellulites. Damn, the word gives me the creeps. Why this subject? I have been abstaining from drinking coffee for 2 weeks already and the only reason I did this is to reduce my cellulites or rather to improve my lymphatic and circulatory system. Sigh.......what women do to make themselves "feel" more beautiful.

Cellulite is a nasty word. It is even nastier in looks. She is an orange peel look-a-like in the skin mainly thighs, hips, abdomen, buttocks and arms. OK ladies, quick assess yourself and tell me you have those unsightly dimples. Guys, you do not have to look at yours coz men usually are exempted from this yukky irregular fat deposits. What pain I had to endure by not drinking coffee. I even bought a book which dedicates itself to Cellulites. " Anything that hinders circulation and lymph drainage will contribute or add to the condition or cellulite....from high levels of estrogen to poor eating habits, lack of exercise, smoking and even drinking coffee!" Err...actually alcohol too is one of the contributing factors but heck..............

Each time a woman passes by, I would scan her like a bar code ( if she is wearing shorts or skirt). Got ah? Can see ah? There, there, where laaa.....where? There la...can't you see when she is sitting down crosslegged, can see it under her thighs........ Ya..ya... I can see . Yeh...yeh...yeh... I am not alone. She HAS cellulites also. Pheeww.... that is what I call it my day.

Bottles of anti-cellulite lotions, tubs of creams , scrubs and massagers,and endless exercise regimes did not show any improvements on me. Expensive salons using the word "Cellulite" to target at women's soft spot, detoxification programs, diet teas and the list continues......"Wah , such tactics to make business"

So, which am I to follow? Coffee, abstained already. Cigarettes also down in memory lane. Exercise, in action now.

Haiya, disheartening but I came across a quote by Drew Barrymore, " I finally realised I don't have a perfect body and I am happy with the way I am."

Which is why I have started my first cup of coffee this morning and it feeels sooooo damn GOOD.

I also stumbled across a line in the book saying , " Inner self confidence and poise is the key to true beauty." HOW TRUE!

Ms. Theresa, a teacher in my baby's school, is not exactly the hour glass figure type nor the average looking female. She is the Queen of the Queen Size but she has this " I don't know what" that is attractive. After a few chats with her and by observing her, I realised that she walks and speaks with confidence. That made me to believe that it has to be her inner self confidence that brought her such beauty.

Thumbs up, Ms Theresa! You are a fine example to the children and to us, adults.

My baby and I have started visiting the swimming pool recently. Er....all my old swim wear ...er...kinda like lost its elasticity or rather more like I can't fit into it la. I scouted around for a new attire and came across the ones which come in 2 piece ( not bikini la). It comes with a nice top and cycling shorts and they are meant to be used in the pool. Such great invention. I am so ever grateful to the inventor .

One last beauty tip......enhance and highlight the features that you like so as to deter people from looking at whatever that you do not feel comfortable showing. If you have big hips and you do not wish to focus on them, try wearing a nice necklace or earrings. They do act as a distraction from your hips.

Cellulites...looks like I have to live with you. I guess I am stuck with you and you are stuck with me . Guess I should learn how to love myself, right?

17 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Ah Pek said…

    i thot cellulite was something you could eat.

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger JoMel said…

    come lets meet up for coffee and let me show you my sell-u-lite so that it can make your day ;)

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Siao Cha Bor said…

    ah pek, you are confused.
    orange can eat
    orange peel can be dried to make thong suey
    cellulite is , is,haiyo, don make me explain again la

    thanks jomel, i needed that

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Twinsmom said…

    LOL...make you feel better -- I got it since I was in secondary school. it never leave me it LOVE me so much, no matter what anti-cellulitte cream I used ti kill it, it still hug me tight tight, and now even produced grandchildren some more, settle on my tight and arm.

    So? happy or not? LOL...

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Bkworm said…

    Having cellulite is bad enough. Think of having to deal with stretch marks that won't go away even after 19 years! Sigh!

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Siao Cha Bor said…

    wah, comparing cellulites and stretch marks....wah siapa sini "lebih" ?

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger JoMel said…

    we should all go coffee together and compare she who got the most unsightly stretch marks and cellulites. The winner will get a treat from the others. :D

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger King's wife said…

    pls count me in. i think i will be on top of the list! stretch marks, cellulite, saddle bags, u name it...

     
  • At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Stretch Marks said…

    I am putting together a website on how to get rid of stretch marks. I am out googling and ran accross your site. Just reading everything I can get my hands on. Nice site that you have put together.
    retinol a for stretch marks

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Cellulite lotions said…

    Hi there, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on celeb cellulite I somehow ended up on your page. As your described site is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about celeb cellulite, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

     
  • At 2:32 AM, Anonymous Hair said…

    Hi,

    I was just doing some Laser Stretch Marks research and came across your blog.

    I found it really interesting. Thanks and kind regards.

    Laser Stretch Marks

     
  • At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for pharmacy information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Anonymous remove stretch marks said…

    Hi this a really interesting blog. .I have put together some articles on removing stretch marks that some other readers may like please let me know what you think - I think your blog is great !!

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Smoke said…

    Drugs are just bad, you should try to use Herbal Alternatives as a temporary replacement to loose the dependance!

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Botanical Beauty Blog, it is cool to!

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enjoyed a lot! » »

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home