So, you think I am nuts?

Saturday, October 29, 2005

No such thing as free plain water

I am disgusted.

Disgusted with some restaurants which impose a rule that there is no such thing as plain drinking water. All drinks come with a price. I have been to mamak stalls, chinese kopishop, cafes, coffee houses, restaurants and even hotel dining but today's experience left me no choice but to tell you how this place that I patronised this afternoon left an undesirable mark on me.

Have you ever, sometimes, not feel like ordering drinks from the diners but sheer plain water would suffice our thirst?

My outing to a specialty cafe serving only pancakes at The Curve was...........

They have an outstanding menu, nice ambience and great food but it was a pity that they impose a rule that they do not serve plain drinking water. Which means, patrons are forced to order drinks even if it is plain water. This I cannot understand. Even a 5 star hotel would serve water to their dining guests. Left with no choice, I had to order mineral water for my baby and mother. Geeeees, they can set up such a beautiful place but stinge on plain drinking water? They know pancakes are sweet. They know people are sure going to order beverages. They sure know how to take advantage from this point.

Maybe it is not so much as stinging but to make money from their beverages. In fact, my members all have a bottle of water in their bags but it was not polite to bring it out to drink. I wonder if they will impose a rule on " No outside drink" as well.

In fact, another eating place, also at The Curve, also has the same set of rules. Theirs was even more ridiculous...."No outside cakes allowed" ( as in for celebrating birthdays and so on).

So, be aware if you want to patronise these 2 joints. I should have ordered ice kosong instead at the pancake parlor. Now, how would they charge me for ice? Mmm........

4 Comments:

  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger straymana said…

    conidering the rental that they have to pay at such a premium spot, give them a break lar. Or help them make that place non-premium... when less or no people go there, it's no longer premium spot... hahaahaaa

     
  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger Siao Cha Bor said…

    pokca, you are such a niiiice person la....makes me look like a baddie now

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger straymana said…

    acerly hor... I am the baddie... I am a professional liar.

    They pay me to make them look good, and make everyone feel bad complaining about them.

    The real reason why they can't afford to give free plain water is because, those money has been given to me... muuhahahahaa

    Does that make does that make you feel nicie again?

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Anonymous open365dayz said…

    Hi #NAME#. Just found your site via hotels. Although I was looking for hotels I was glad i came upon your site. Thanks for the read!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home