So, you think I am nuts?

Monday, October 10, 2005

Chatroom Massacre

This whole blogging game is all new to me but it has opened a new dimension for me to other people's world. Instead of hanging around the chatroom night after night, I was introduced to blogging by a friend who was so kind to create my own blog and to help me familiarise with the blogging system. Before 2004, I did not know what a blog is. I hung around the chatroom hoping to find a person who will listen to my problems. I had not way of letting out my frustration and my thoughts. I taught myself how to chat online and there I was, not too long then, I was a self-proclaimed chatworm.

Night and day, day and night, I "lepak" in the chatroom, hoping to find a decent person to talk to me. I was so naive ! I have been chatting online for 2 whole years and probably chatted with thousands of chatters.

The chatroom is like an ocean. There are many fishes ; some are ikan bilis ( they are usually the amateurs) and some are sharks ( veterans). Most of the chatters I chatted with were males; I tried females too but I get brushed off ( chatters usually do not chat with their own species). Anyway, I have become all too familiarised with the culture of the chatworld to the extent that I could forsee the chatters next question and where his questions will lead to.

People go to the chatroom for many reasons. Some go in to look for genuine friends, some look for "extra curricular activities", some go in to kill time and many more countless reasons.

I have encountered along the way single men , married men and gays. Because of the nature of their work, some single men have opted this way to get to know female friends. Well, it is unfair for me to say that the chatroom is full of scums.... I am sure there are some nice people but it is like finding a needle in a haystack. My cousin met his wife through the chatroom and they are happily married. So, there is a light at the end of the tunnel afterall.

Married men? Usually they come into the chatroom during office hours, after 5 pm or late at nights when their family is sound asleep ( these men would use excuses like doing their emailings and working online). There is much hanky panky going on regardless of the time, be it daytime or night time. It usually starts off with a nice "hello" and "asl" and once the ball starts rolling, raunchy chats surface. Cheapthrills, yes, they are looking for. The minute they ask for vital statistics, ladies, get your nike shoes on and run. No point entertaining these men looking for cheapthrills. Now why do they ask for your height and weight if they are just in there for "pure" chats ONLY? Think about it.....height and weight...mmm ....these men must be having their imagination run wild if you ever disclose your vital statistics. I always ask them if they are looking for a maid since they like to ask for biodatas. I have come to a point where I have nearly lost confidence in men. The chatroom has opened my eyes to a whole new world; a world I never knew existed and it scares me a lot especially these people who come into the chatroom are people who are normal during the day and by night, they transform into another person entirely just like Dr Jekyl and Mr. Hyde.

I do not wish to dwell further as it will paint a very ugly but real picture of the chatworld. My friend fell victim to the chatting business and it nearly cost her marriage. She was chatting from her office and she told me she met her soulmate in the chatroom. Months have passed . The relationship with the chatter grew stronger and the time has come for them to exchange phone numbers. The number that she was given was all too familiar. For a minute, she thought she was dreaming but when reality struck, she knew she had to face the music. Little did she know that the person she was flirting with, her so-called soulmate was indeed her husband. He was also looking for some "activities" without his wife's knowledge ! It nearly ended their 10 years marriage.

Parents, please be aware of what your children are doing with their pcs. Monitor them closely.


I must say, for many scums that I have come across, I have been lucky to find a few needles in the haystack. One of them is my friend, who has introduced me to blogging. With the blogs, I finally manage to get in touch with real issues , real people. I get to read their thoughts and visualise their visions. Rant or no rant, I personally find that reading blogs is much better than "loitering" in the chatroom. Now, my time is mostly spent here but occassionally I still visit the chatroom to find out more on interesting characters.



I'd like to convey my sincerest gratitude to Uncle for pathing this way for me. At least I managed to get out of the chatroom before I brain fart myself ( psycho myself) and harbour negative views on men. Thank god, I am saved in the nick of time.

Hey, will I get sued by Yahoo?

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home